Food for the kiddos

Food for the kiddos

Saturday 22 April 2017

Rabbit Sandwich 2017 Tutorial (Level : Difficult)

When it comes to cutting seaweed for sandwiches, I will always put the level as difficult because it requires a lot of patience and care. The seaweed will be thin and flimsy, easily breakable at times and you need to be careful when handling the cut out seaweed pieces.

Tools Required -
1. A pair of sharp scissors
2. A pair of tweezers
3. A small straw
4. A butter knife

Ingredients Needed -
1. Two slices of bread
2. Breading filling of choice ( ham & cheese for this tutorial)
3. Dried seaweed
4. A dab of strawberry jam
 
I always make the sandwiches using the same method. Find a picture, draw the picture on a piece of paper and cut out it. For this sandwich, I used the cut out as a guide to cut my bread to the same shape. You can use the scissors or the knife to cut out the shape, whichever more comfortable to you). After that I used the dried seaweed and painstaking cut out the seaweed to form the outline of the rabbit, including the eyes and nose. I was so busy cutting and placing the seaweed that I forgot to take any pictures. My bad!
 
As shown in the picture, I used the straw (in red) to make the round dot on the rabbit's eyes.  
Finding the cheese was too thick, I cut it into halves and placed it on the rabbit's eyes.

Once you are done, you should get something like that.

As the bottom slice of bread need not be so precise in shape, it was only a very rough outline and you couldn't even see the bunny shape. Just need to use scissor or the knife to trim the bread to get the shape.
Place the ham and cheese between the bread and trim away the excess like what you did for the bottom slice of bread.
Pointers to Note : I do not like to throw away food so I put the excess bits back into the sandwich

I added some cheek colors to the rabbit using some strawberry jam. You can use the butter knife to do it but I used a chopstick to dab the 'blusher' on the rabbit instead.
I have added two quail eggs, sauce and some fruits to the box.
This should be your completed work!
Have a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment