Food for the kiddos

Food for the kiddos

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Happy 50th Birthday Singapore

Long weekend is over....

One of my kids was asking me why I didnt make them a National Day sandwich this year. The small one didn't want the usual Singapore flag sandwich(that I have been making them every Auguest for the last couple of years) so I have to come up with something else this year, besides it is the Golden Jubilee we are talking about.

Initially I really didn't know what to do for their sandwich but I came across their school folder while nagging them to lee their homework. The folder was full of iconic landscapes for Singapore and the idea was born. 

I spent almost an hour last night trying to cut the dried seaweed and I only managed to squeeze in the Merlion, Singapore Flyer and Marina Baysand. I wanted to add Changi airport too(because it is easy to cut) but was limited by the size of the cheese. Oh...the two flower thingy on top are suppose to be fireworks. Not sure if my kids got it.

I cut SG50 on the seaweed and pasted it on the egg and top off with Singapore flag. Hey, I DO really really love my tiny country de loh and very proud to be her citizen leh.

The final product for the kids.  I used two different color of cheese just to see which one will turn out better. I think the lighter shade is more outstanding.
Happy 50th Birthday Singapore and many many more to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment