Food for the kiddos

Food for the kiddos

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Pompompurin Sandwich

I must pick up the pace for making sandwiches for kids. Relied too much on buying sandwiches and using sandwich bags for convenience until I am getting lazy.  

Anyway, I brought my kid to the Pompompurin Cafe during the June school holidays and of course they wanted me to make a Pompompurin sandwich for them. I didn't have time to buy yellow bread so I ended up doing it on a slice of cheese instead. I will share the making of the Pompompurin picture on the cheese in another post. 

I spread jam and instead of putting the cheese into the bread, I lay it on top with the picture of Pompompurin on it. It was kind of last minute put together job and I didn't have any Pompompurin sticker to go along. Desperate, I started drawing on the drink bottles. It was free hand drawing and no room for mistakes. Heng! I managed to pull it off.
I did the seaweed cutting the night before and left it in the fridge. All I need to do in the morning is to spread the jam and place the cheese on bread! 

I added quail eggs, soy sauce, biscuits and fruits to go along. 
Most of their classmates were not familiar with the character but those who went to the cafe, they get it!

Did you get it?

Happy Pompompurin Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment