Food for the kiddos

Food for the kiddos

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Mango Pomelo Dessert

No sandwich for school today! Hee…so I made dessert instead. 

My elder kid will always order the Mango Pomelo dessert from Tim Ho Wan. It's her favorite but the mango bits are always so pathetic that I can rarely see any sizable bits of mango. 

It is CNY period and I have a pomelo in the house. Best to turn it into Mango Pomelo Sago dessert. I will usually make this dessert during Mid-Autumn festival and CNY because these are the times when I will have a pomelo sitting at home. Hahaha.

Using only one mango, I made 4 bowls of dessert with lots of mango chunk't even have half the amount of mango that I put into one bowl but but but…the dessert shops need to pay rent, staff, overheads etc. 

Whenever I eat mangoes, I will always remember the endless craving for mangoes when I was pregnant. There was this colleague who would asked her mum to buy tons of fresh mangoes from the market and brought it all the way to the office for me. Always remember others' kindness to you. This colleague is now a long time old friend. I made these for her family this morning and hope she likes it. I kept some for my kids as after lunch dessert too!

No comments:

Post a Comment